Engineering Team Lead, Web
Technology – Development
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £2.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
By focusing on innovations in technology and service, we’ve developed an award-winning range of products that simplify buying train tickets to a few clicks. Our mobile apps alone are enjoyed by over 12 million people, and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally.
To find out more, visit thetrainlinejobs.com.
To assist with our ambitious expansion plans we are looking for an Engineering Team Lead to join our team positioned in our cross functional web engineering function.
What you'll be working on..
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make you/your team more effective.
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well in production.
- Take ideas and requirements from multiple sources and ensure they get turned into well defined tasks that are ready to be worked on by software developers.
- Balance competing priorities and maintain a prioritized backlog of work for the team.
- Ensure that everyone in the team has a reasonable workload.
- Track the progress that team members are making and transparently communicate that progress externally.
We cover a broad set of technologies, so we are looking for T-shaped Engineers with strengths in the following areas...
- React and Node
- Knowledge of design patterns and engineering best-practices.
- C#, ASP.Net, MVC, WebAPI, .NET Core.
- Previous experience working on highly scalable web applications or high traffic sites
- A proven team leader with experience delivering complex projects successfully
- A problem solver who can apply their skills to technical issues.
- Writing automated tests (both unit and integration tests), BDD, TDD.
- Delivering applications to cloud environments
Experience we’re looking for
As a Team Lead at Trainline..
We believe in empowering our people. You and your team mates will have the authority to take decisions which help you fulfil your responsibilities to the rest of the business.
We have an engineering culture which encourages frank, honest, evidence-based discussions - data trumps opinions & hierarchy, every time. We provide clear progression paths, if you want to progress to a Development Manager and beyond, we will advise and mentor you. If you would prefer to go even “more technical”, no problem - we have options for you there too. Our office is open and relaxed, with a wide range of break out space, everybody is approachable, nobody sits in an office. Mark, our CTO and Clare our CEO sit with their teams.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.