Software Engineer C# (Paris)
Technology – Development
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £2.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
For this role, we are looking for an experienced C# engineer, ideally with exposure & experience within a mobile client environment (iOS or Android) and to areas like DevOps and Testing. The role is designed to bridge the client platforms to our Booking, Routing and eCommerce Platforms.
You will join a highly skilled development team, building and delivering software. We use agile practices (a mix of SCRUM, Kanban & Lean) and we’re big fans of continuous integration and pair programming.
We focus on continuously improving our capabilities, architecture and process as a team. We encourage our technical staff to blog about technical innovation on Trainline’s engineering blog and to contribute code to the open source community.
What you'll be doing;
- Delivering projects, developing great code, using the most appropriate tools and techniques.
- End to end feature development
- Deployment and performance monitoring
- Set-up, monitoring alerts for applications and environments
- Hands on testing
- Working with business analysts, product owners and colleague agile developers to review, set story and feature acceptance criteria
- Data driven decision making
- Continuously improving code base and removing technical debt
What you'll bring
- Agile development, XP practices
- Hands on experience with .NET/C# and Visual Studio (.Net 4.5 or newer)
- Full software development lifecycle
- TDD ingrained into work practices
- Windows stack (IIS, SQL Server, MSMQ, AD)
- High traffic or eCommerce retail platform experience
- CI tools experience
- NUnit, mocking frameworks or similar tools
- Experience with performance measuring & monitoring tools: New Relic and ANTS
- Load testing experience