Copywriter - Spanish Speaking
Marketing – Brand & Communications /
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Purpose of the Role
We’re on the lookout for a Spanish native, fluent English creative Copywriter to join our passionate in-house, multi-lingual content and copy team as our leading voice of Trainline in Spain. If you’re a travel enthusiast seeking an opportunity to join a smart, creative and customer-obsessed team whilst delivering varied work in our distinct tone of voice, this could be the role for you.
You will be working collaboratively with our in-house creative studio and brand team to deliver a wide range of powerful and persuasive brand, campaign, social and editorial copy to position the Trainline app as a key player in the Spanish rail market.
- Writing powerful and effective copy for brand campaigns, CRM campaigns, performance channels, social media, and other written content, responding to a different range of briefs.
- Understanding the Spanish market and trends to better engage and involve new and existing customers.
- Partnering closely with the in-house design team to craft the different campaigns.
- Trans-creating and adapting homepage, banners and content related to specific product launches.
- Supporting the Spanish content calendar, which includes advising on topics relevant to the Spanish market to increase brand awareness, acquire new customers and retain existing ones.
- Being the gatekeeper of the Trainline tone of voice in Spain, driving consistency of content through all of our Spanish marketing communications and brand campaigns.
- Supporting the localisation team with transcreating and adapting global brand work and product features into native Spanish.
- Using your strong editorial skills to catch typos, punctuation, and grammar mistakes before they reach our customers.
- Working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, be autonomous and proactive: bring ideas to the table and make new proposals
- Be passionate about sustainability and making greener travel choices.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent written Spanish and English and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Expertise in editing copy, applying a brand voice and adapting your style to suit the intended audience
- Demonstrable copywriting experience in the form of a portfolio of published work
- Understanding of how copy and design work together and that content is more than just words
- Planning and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise competing demands
- Passion for delivering measurable results, especially in commercial metrics
- Confidence using a CMS and translation tools such as Trados/Smartling
- Interest in travel and consumer technology, Spanish culture and trends
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.