IT Support Analyst
Technology – Infrastructure
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £2.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Purpose of the Role
The IT Engineer will be based in our Paris office and supporting users locally and remotely across our UK and Paris offices. The infrastructure includes; email, file & print, security and intranet services using Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Sophos End Point Security, SCCM, Virtualisation and internal Cloud based technologies, Atlassian’s Confluence and Jira.
The successful candidate will have a drive to provide first class user support, showing an ability to prioritise as the situation demands. They will be confident in managing ticket queues and perceiving the users’ needs by being aware of upcoming office presentations, training and meetings ahead of time. We would love to meet someone who is proficient in multiple desktop, hardware and software technologies looking to learn and continue to grow professionally within the IT support function.
This role would suit someone who is currently in a position within a Desktop support team, looking to move to a company that can offer progression.
Knowledge & Experience
- you have a first experience ideally in a tech company
- Strong interpersonal skills, energetic and with a passion for providing the best service for all levels of internal customers
- Confident in face to face and remote troubleshooting, talking through issues over the phone & Skype
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, to prioritise duties in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple tickets/projects at a given time
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Comfortable working autonomously – single point of contact in our Paris office.
Hands-on experience and awareness of various technologies in particular:
· Exchange 2016, Exchange Online
· Active Directory
· Office 2010 & Office 2016
· Office 365
· Atlassian’s Confluence administration
· Atlassian’s Jira administration
· 2FA software
· Polycom VC
· Instant messaging clients, Slack desirable
· Skype for Business setup & administration
· Hands on experience with laptop troubleshooting, Windows and Mac - multiple operating systems
· Hands on experience with Apple and Android mobile products
· Basic knowledge of networks, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, including LAN, WAN and wireless network setup
· Security Experience:
· AV and disk encryption solutions
· VPN solutions
· Knowledge of Linux
· Experience with administration of Microsoft servers and DFSR
· JAMF/Mac Management
· VMWare knowledge
· Polycom Media Suite
· Experience with running AV sound and vision support for meetings / events
· Mobile Device Management