Senior Legal Counsel - Consumer
Legal – Legal /
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
This is an award-winning legal team, who have won multiple industry accolades in recent years including ‘In-House Team of the Year’ at the Lexis Nexis Legal Awards in 2019 and ‘Legal Department of the Year’ at the British Legal Awards in 2018. Striking a balance between being innovative and high performing yet remaining close-knit and highly supportive of one another, this is a highly regarded team where people genuinely enjoy what they do and make a difference to the business every day. The Legal team invests in its people with a real focus on training and development of the lawyers in the team.
Reporting into Head of Legal – Consumer, the role will serve as primary commercial legal support for various teams within the Trainline business. You will be responsible for advising on a range of areas, including data privacy, advertising and tracking technology and direct marketing workstreams. The role will encompass providing consumer and intellectual property law advice to a variety of business stakeholders, as well as the drafting and negotiation of strategic commercial contracts to support the relevant business teams.
At Trainline, we 'Think Big' and this role will also involve support for the continued European expansion of our businesses as we build the future of rail, requiring you to be comfortable developing new expertise on novel, high impact product initiatives, campaigns and regulatory matters.
This role requires the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment and to shape legal support to reflect the aims and priorities of the business. At the same time, you will be part of a supportive and collaborative Legal team and will work closely with other lawyers in the team on cross-functional projects. You will need the ability communicate effectively with internal stakeholders at all levels. The role may also involve management responsibilities.
Knowledge & Experience
- English or Scots law qualified.
- A combination of private practice and in-house experience, preferably with a technology/online focus and ideally multi-jurisdictional.
- Strong data protection and consumer law experience.
- Experience structuring, drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts.
- Demonstrable team player and must be able to work cross-functionally.
- The ability to work autonomously, as well as with other legal team members, outside counsel and business stakeholders.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, including with internal senior stakeholders, and negotiating with external partners and suppliers.
- Effective organisational and prioritisation skills will be required to successfully manage your own workload and the business’ expectations.
- Attention to detail and the ability to carry out in-depth legal analysis but deliver advice in a concise, business-friendly manner.
- Commercially astute.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.