Growth Principal - Fixed Term Contract
Marketing – Digital Marketing /
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
With over 50 million visits to our apps and websites every month, we are focused on not only enticing new customers to use our product but providing them with lots of reasons to come back again and again. It’s with this in mind that we have a new opportunity for a Growth Principal to join our Growth team as we scale and expand into new markets in the UK and globally. We are completely innovating our approach, moving to a new way of working where we organise ourselves in smaller, more autonomous cross functional teams. This Growth Principal will play a critical role in leveraging all Growth marketing channels to enable us to achieve our growth objectives. This role will lead a cross functional, cross channel Theme aligned to a strategic business goal. You will be the face of the Theme across the business and responsible for mobilising and inspiring the team, owning the Growth roadmap, as well as managing the team to deliver.
- Leading a cross-functional, cross-channel Growth marketing team focused on moving metrics that matter.
- Working in partnership with the Brand team to develop a cohesive all channel marketing plan for the business, which ensures continuity of Brand, tone of voice, and product messaging across all customer touchpoints, working with the Brand Marketing team to ensure delivery thereof within Growth marketing channels.
- Proactively working with Channel leads, Growth Principals, and the Directors to define the right strategies to achieve our business goals, including setting and tracking progress against OKRs, and owning the team delivery plan.
- Building and prioritising a backlog filled with hypotheses derived from discovery and idea generation, backed by inputs from insights, analytics, reporting, customer research, App Store reviews and customer feedback to spot areas of opportunity across all above performance channels.
- Develop and maintain a playbook for Growth across a customer’s lifecycle / segments / markets.
- Supporting the Directors within the Growth org with regular communications to the Exec team and Board; providing performance readouts, strategy, roadmap, and latest developments.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience working on customer acquisition, engagement, and retention programmes, ideally across the UK and Europe.
- Proven track record of planning and executing customer retention strategies, with a clear view on OKRs and what success looks like.
- Experience of leading teams through high growth and periods of change.
- Evidence of influencing and challenging key business decisions at senior level and cross functionally; ability to create and present a data driven rationale and business case.
- Passionate about the customer experience and driving customer-centric campaigns: a customer champion.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills across functions. Ability to advocate and persuade to ensure your projects get prioritised.
- Comfortable working in a fast-changing environment; appetite and motivation to raise the game.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.