C# Engineer - Diet Code Team
Technology – Development /
Our Mission 🚀
Trainline is the leading independent rail and coach travel platform selling rail and coach tickets to millions of travellers worldwide. Via our highly rated website and mobile app, people can seamlessly search, book and manage their journeys all in one place. We bring together millions of routes, fares and journey times from 260 rail and coach carriers across 45 countries. We offer our customers the best price for their journey and smart, real time travel information on the go. Our aim is to make rail and coach travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices.
Technology @ Trainline
Over half of our staff are technologists, we're changing the way that people travel through the use of high quality software and technological innovation.
We know that great software requires great coding practices. Trainline is used by millions of people every day, we process over 200 ticket sales per minute, and 80 million+ transactions per month. It simply would not be possible to move fast enough if we were not able to trust our engineers to produce code of the highest quality. Here are some key practices which we insist upon across our teams that allow us to release over 300 times per week.
We review code via pull requests ✔️
We pair smartly✔️
We advocate Test-Driven Development (TDD)✔️
We treat staging like production✔️
Introducing the Diet Code team 👋
The Diet Code team were formed to enable an easy eCommerce experience and highly secure payments for customers. We want our consumers to have a seamless experience wherever they travel.
They work with technologies and patterns including: Microservices, .NET Core services, HATEOAS Driven REST APIs, EventSourcing, SQL Server, Redis and AWS services like SQS, S3, Lambda, and many others.
As a Software Engineer, here is some of the stuff you will be working on...
- Delivering projects, developing great code, using the most appropriate tools and techniques.
- End to end feature development
- Deployment and performance monitoring
- Comfortable with microservices architecture
- Set-up, monitoring alerts for applications and environments
- Hands on testing
- Working with Linux
- Working with business analysts, product owners and colleague agile developers to review, set story and feature acceptance criteria
- Data driven decision making
- Continuously improving code base and removing technical debt
We would love to hear from you if you have experience with...
- Agile development, pair-programming
- Hands on experience with .NET
- Full software development lifecycle
- TDD ingrained into work practices
- Enterprise design patterns
- Asynchrnous event-driven communication
- Distributed Transactions
- Think customer first
Our Culture 🤗
Everything begins with great people, as well as aptitude, we put a heavy emphasis on attitude.
Coaches Over Heroes
- We prioritise the focus on being one team over elevating the heroics of an individual, for us the true heroes are those individuals who are excellent at nurturing, coaching and generous in sharing their knowledge with others.
- Everything that we do takes into account the morale of every member of our team, their opportunities for growth and for participation in exciting challenges.
Mentoring and Learning
- We have a mentoring community that is constantly growing, we provide people with mentors or buddies from various teams.
- We hire awesome people capable of making smart decisions - empowerment is a great enabler of agility.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.