Technology – Development /
Our Mission 🚀
Trainline is the leading independent rail and coach travel platform selling rail and coach tickets to millions of travellers worldwide. Via our highly rated website and mobile app, people can seamlessly search, book and manage their journeys all in one place. We bring together millions of routes, fares and journey times from 270+ rail and coach carriers across 45 countries. We offer our customers the best price for their journey and smart, real time travel information on the go. Our aim is to make rail and coach travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices.
Technology @ Trainline 🚄
Over half of our staff are technologists who are making an impact on how people travel through the use of high-quality software.
At Trainline we have a modern and scalable tech platform that is built for volume and feature growth. Our mission is to find the perfect journey for our customer, and to do it in a fast, intuitive, reliable, and economic way. In a highly dynamic industry and with the ever-changing needs of our users, we must be ready to act, test, and measure quickly, in a way that only extensive and focused use of technology can enable us to. We have the power to revolutionise our customers’ travel experience through technology innovation.
Did you know that Trainline has:
· 20+ engineering teams
· 400+ software engineers
· 40+ daily Production deployments
· 600 services
· 96m+ monthly visits
Introducing the Mobile team 👋
Our Mobile team are the people who build the travel companion in your pocket. The own the mobile app that allows you to buy your travel ticket and the buy-flow process that helps you get there. The team is split into both Android and iOS, each with a technical lead, all reporting into the Mobile Development Manager. Key technologies are: Kotlin, rxjava, Dagger, Swift, Objective-c and Cucumber, with a huge focus on a mature approach to TDD.
As an iOS Developer at Trainline, here's some things you'll be working on...
- You’ll be a part of the mobile team where you will contribute to the design and implementation of our software.
- We appreciate the value of agile and of engineering practices, and solid, clean code.
- You’ll be actively involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle
- We build and deliver software using agile practices (SCRUM, two weeks iterations), continuous integration and pair programming.
- Delivering new functionalities, using the most appropriate tools and techniques
We'd love to hear from you if you.. 🔎
- In-depth experience with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Working experience with Swift
- Enthusiasm for a great user experience
- Ability to write testable code and excellent debugging skills
- Experience working with Git
- Appreciate the value of TDD and incorporate those practices into your code
and you've worked on..
- High traffic eCommerce retail environments
- Experience working with Swift, Objective-C and XCode
- Mobile application performance analysis and tuning experience.
But why should you join?🤔
You will be working in a high performing and collaborative multi-cultural team. We have over 40 nationalities across our 3 offices in London, Paris and Edinburgh who work closely together.
We want our people to stretch their minds, abilities, and share their knowledge. Each year we hold The Trainline Tech Summit, which provides Trainliners with an opportunity to stand up and share their story, learnings, or new skills with their colleagues in a safe environment.
We've always paid special attention to flexible working as we value a strong work/life balance. The pandemic has taught us that a balance between remote working and being in a collaborative office environment leads to productive teams.
Our Culture 🤗
Everything begins with great people, as well as aptitude we put a heavy emphasis on attitude.
Coaches Over Heroes
· We prioritise the focus on being one team over elevating the heroics of an individual, for us the true heroes are those who are excellent at nurturing, coaching and generous in sharing their knowledge with others.
· Everything that we do takes into account the morale of every member of our team, their opportunities for growth and for participation in exciting challenges.
Mentoring and Learning
· We have a mentoring community that is constantly growing, we provide people with mentors or buddies from various teams.
· We hire awesome people capable of making smart decisions - empowerment is a great enabler of agility. It is within a supportive team that you will feel the strength to thrive and try new things knowing that everyone will be there for you along the way.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.