Technology – Development
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £2.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Trainline is the world’s leading independent digital rail platform. We sell tickets worldwide on behalf of 86 train companies, helping our customers make more than 125,000 journeys every day in and across 24 countries. We are a one-stop shop for rail travel, bringing together major train companies onto one platform, providing our customers with a complete set of travel options and offering unique, AI driven travel information and recommendations.
In the next chapter for Trainline, App usability and functionality will grow further, making rail travel smarter than ever, more mobile ticketing routes are set to launch, and expansion into Europe will make travel across international borders a reality. We are also growing our adjacent products to rail and offering customers smarter journeys for example across coach, hotels and insurance. Our aim is to build best in breed web & mobile applications which will ensure we maintain our position as one of the UK’s leading mobile travel / retail apps.
To achieve this, we are now looking for a Senior iOS Developer to be a part of the mobile team where you will contribute to the design and implementation of our software.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced iOS developer with an appreciation of the value of agile and of engineering practices.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Be actively involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle
- Building and delivering software using agile practices (SCRUM, two weeks iterations), continuous integration and pair programming.
- Delivering new functionalities, using the most appropriate tools and techniques
- Implementing business functionality in a testable, deployable & operable form
- Continuously improving the code base, removing technical debt and providing a brilliant customer experience
What You'll Bring:
- In-depth experience with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Working experience with Swift
- Enthusiasm for a great user experience
- Ability to write testable code and excellent debugging skills
- Experience working with Git
- Good team player
- Open minded, ability to explore new ways to build software
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Training opportunities
- 25 days holiday +2 Extra Fixed days on Christmas & New Year's Eve
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Season Ticket loan
- Pension contributions
- Free breakfast and soft drinks
- Beer & pizza Fridays