Finance – Financial Planning & Analytics
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 96 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, last summer Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
The Analytics team are central to supporting the business through this continued expansion. Headed up by Peter Wood (a Performance & Analytics leader in Digital & Technology), the team’s focused on embedding smarter, more sophisticated, data-driven decisions. Our comparative advantage is that we learn faster than the competition, and the Analytics team is key to driving this agenda.
As Product Analyst , you’ll provide insight analysis to support product development across Europe and beyond whilst telling the story behind performance across app and web. You will play a critical role in enabling a culture of high volume, high velocity hypothesis driven testing to optimize both commercial and technical objectives. In addition, you’ll have the unique opportunity of being part of shaping and developing our new BI toolkit, querying a relational database and management system using visualization tools, such as Tableau, to bring data to life.
Other key responsibilities include:
· Leading analysis for web and app to deliver growth by understanding customer behaviour and interaction through qualitative and quantitative analysis
· Managing all multivariate and A/B test analytics communicating results and making recommendations to key stakeholders
· Understanding drivers of overall business performance monitoring the health of our international app and web product and ensuring regular reporting needs are met
· Supporting company-wide improvements to timely insight through a stronger platform of data and the development of more sophisticated BI tools and content
· Supporting budgeting and goal-setting across key metrics, modelling the business impact of all proposed changes
We’re looking for an analyst with strong experience of advanced data techniques and analysis. It’s also vital that you bring an innate ability to distil and communicate results of complex analysis clearly and effectively to all levels of the business.
Other key experience required includes:
· Experience of database querying languages and relational databases such as SQL or BigQuery is essential as is your ability to extract insight and recommendations from data
· Proven knowledge and capabilities using Tableau or other BI tools such as Spotfire, Power BI or MicroStrategy
· A track record of running multivariate testing using Leanplum, Sitespect or other tools.
· Experience of Adobe Omniture or Google Analytics would be an advantage
· Experience working within an e-commerce or digital business that has data driven decision making at its heart
This is a truly career defining role for someone passionate about data and technology looking for an opportunity to play a part in disrupting and defining a product that will change the way people travel and impacting millions of people every day.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.