Donor Data Analyst
Remote - United States /
Development – Development Operations /
Role: Donor Data Analyst
Reports to: Donor Systems Manager
Location: This role will be remote in the continental US, Alaska, or Hawaii
Salary Range: $75,000-$90,000
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
The Donor Data Analyst works closely with members of the front-facing teams and leadership within Development to determine the data extract, reporting, analytics and insights needs. The position entails a combination of business and data analysis, query/reports, and dashboard development within Salesforce and other integrated solutions. The role is responsible for planning, delivering, monitoring, and controlling activities related to meeting the information and insight needs of the Philanthropy teams. This position will develop and maintain the data model and definitions for all data stored in the donor database and connected applications. This individual will work closely with peers to support data extracts for segmentation strategies working with internal and external partners to ensure optimal execution of the segmentation strategies. This position will interact broadly and will require effective written and oral communication skills.
Who you are
- Builder. You’re excited about the opportunity to take the status quo as just a starting point, then implement best practices and continually innovate.
- Experienced. You have a proven track record working with Non-profit CRMs like Salesforce NPSP, building data models, dashboards, reports and data extracts from relational databases, data lakes and warehouses.
- Driven by Data. You enjoy interpreting data working with complex sets of information. And summing it in ways that answer complex questions. You are analytical and metrics-driven.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork.
- Service Orientation You focus on anticipating, recognizing, and meeting stakeholders' needs You make themselves available for others and communicate that you care about resolving their data needs.
- Flexible. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do
- Provide data extract, reporting and visualization delivery, and support for day-to-day operations of the enablement of the fundraising strategy
- Lead the Development team to document all data structures within core systems and integrated applicationsDevelop and maintain a data model and work towards ensuring data integrity, consistency and completeness of records maintained within the CRM
- Support and participate in the organization's data security structures acting as gatekeeper for donor data Planning, executing, monitoring, and controlling activities related to the production of data exports and appends for development
- Train team members on application use and best practices in data requirements and structureEnsure system interfaces with external applications to Development data are functioning optimally
- Ensure system interfaces with external applications to Development data are functioning optimally
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for various gender affirmation surgeries (and we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life)
- Flexibility to work from the continental US, Alaska, or Hawaii (we provide the technology, a monthly internet reimbursement, and a reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people globally every day
The Trevor Project provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. The Trevor Project complies with all applicable laws.