Remote - United States /
Crisis Services – Internal Training - Training Operations /
Role: Training Coordinator
Reports to: Training Operations Manager
Salary Range: $28.00/hr
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
Our Training Coordinators are responsible for training, tracking, and responding to our adult volunteer-counselors-in-training. Using our online learning platform, Training Coordinators provide structured support and expectations for volunteers, deliver clear and compassionate feedback, and promote volunteer success through rigor and kindness.
Please note: Because the Training Coordinator role is mission-critical to our organization and because we employ a large number of these positions, we interview for this role even when we don’t have a currently open position. Candidates who complete the interview process will be added to our Eligibility List and we will reach out to you when a position becomes available. Our Recruiters will share more details about the process during the initial phone screen and will keep in close touch throughout the interview process.
Who you are
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage multiple priorities with impeccable time management. You communicate clearly and concisely.
- Detail oriented. You are aware that paying attention to small details can have a huge impact on the organization -- and often allows you to see bigger picture trends -- and you take steps to make sure your work is thorough and complete.
- Focused on the individual. You understand that people are the core of our mission, and place a premium on customer service.
- Compassionate. You’re someone who can maintain empathy for yourself and others within a crisis care setting.
- Team player. You love collaborating and dig learning from your peers. You’re great at getting and giving respectful and productive feedback to trainees
- Perpetual Learner. You are energized by learning about new topics and can quickly get up to speed and contribute to initiatives. You believe that learning is a lifelong experience and know how to foster a spirit of collaboration and continued growth.
- Flexible. Our crisis services operate 24/7, so you are willing and able to work a flexible schedule that includes late nights, early mornings, and weekends.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should, too.
What you’ll do
- Conduct digital role-plays for adult volunteer trainees to reinforce counseling skills
- Provide trainees with ongoing, concise, and constructive written feedback
- Respond to all written inquiries from trainees during training cohorts
- Monitor trainee performance goals and overall progress
- Other tasks, duties, or special projects as assigned
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for various gender affirmation surgeries (and we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life)
- Flexibility to work from the continental US, Alaska, or Hawaii (we provide the technology, a monthly internet reimbursement, and a reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people globally every day
The Trevor Project provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. The Trevor Project complies with all applicable laws.