Commercialization Project Manager
Full Time (remote)
The Urgent Company (TUC) is changing the way things are made, starting with food. TUC is the B2C arm of Perfect Day, and our CPG brands leverage science and technology to create better quality, kinder, and more sustainable products. We believe there is an urgent need to invent ways to make the products we love without the negative environmental, animal, and public health impacts they traditionally require.
California Performance Co.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to drive meaningful business results and global change in a collaborative, fast-paced startup environment, we hope you’ll join us!
As a Commercialization Project Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and management of product launch projects (both innovation and renovation projects). You will work closely with internal stakeholders to develop project deliverables, set timelines and meet overall project goals. You will communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain and R&D team leads to ensure that our project timelines align, support company objectives and launch on time.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, and is looking for an opportunity to lead with autonomy. Project management experience in the food industry (CPG/Grocery) is strongly preferred.
- Lead the planning, execution, and close out of all assigned projects.
- Organize project meetings, prepare an agenda, maintain detailed notes, and follow up on action items.
- Assess project feasibility with cross-functional teams and perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Build timelines, detailed schedules, and resource plans.
- Promote productive working relationships and maintain real-time communication with project stakeholders.
- Manage changes to a project, communicate changes to stakeholders, and redirect project goals as needed.
- Occasional travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Project Management. Prior experience in CPG/Grocery strongly perferred.
- BS or MS degree in a science field (life sciences, food science, chemical engineering, etc) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Expert hands-on knowledge of MS Office package, MS Project, SmartSheet software. Experience with other project management and visualization software a plus.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful, quick learner, adaptable
- Strong planning, decision making, and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and presentation
- Able to prioritize activities and follow through to completion
- Able to manage workload and complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner
- Able to handle multiple complex projects in a fast-paced startup environment
- Able to lead, influence and work well with cross-functional team members
The Urgent Company is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Perfect Day was founded in 2014 to create delicious, nutritious dairy products that everyone can love. We’re using fermentation (not animals) to make dairy proteins that are the foundation for foods like ice cream, cheese, and yogurt – all with the distinctive taste and textures that consumers demand, but without lactose or environmental downsides. Through partnerships with respected brands, we’re working to launch a whole range of dairy products that will help shape a humane, sustainable food system for future generations.
It's a Perfect Day to change the world. The day when delicious dairy goodness is something everyone can love. The day we say goodbye to the downsides of factory farming. The day we throw a big party with luscious, animal-free milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, all made with Perfect Day! We hope you join us!
Help us create the foods we love, without the impacts we hate.