Digital Marketing Specialist
If you geek out on high quantities of data and creative customer acquisition solutions, The Zebra might have a role for you! We are seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to help manage various digital advertising campaigns, with an emphasis on Direct Response and Performance Marketing. The primary role of the Digital Marketing Specialist will be to assist our Marketing team in the coordination and optimization of these campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a background in ad trafficking, media buying and project management. An individual in this position should be comfortable working in multiple ad platforms at once, and collaborating with numerous stakeholders on a daily basis.
What You'll Do:
- Monitor programmatic, paid social and native advertising campaigns across a variety of networks
- Assist Marketing team in managing performance of campaigns on CPC, CPA and CPM models, effectively optimizing to meet acquisition goals
- Coordinate creative kick-off meetings with internal teams and produce creative briefs
- Traffic standard creatives and custom ad units via DoubleClick Campaign Manager
- Assist the Marketing team with campaign-specific requests on an ad hoc basis
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 1-3 years of experience working as an ad trafficker, media buyer or media planner
- Programmatic media buying experience with DSPs such as BrightRoll, DoubleClick Bid Manager or MediaMath, including display, video and mobile ad buys
- Trained in Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager and has full comprehension of how pixels work
- Background in managing Paid Social campaigns, specifically through Facebook
- Efficient in Excel, including experience building pivot tables
Experience That Would Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Native media buying experience with Bidtellect, Outbrain, Revcontent, Sharethrough, Taboola or other content companies
- Anything with applicable experience from the publisher, client or agency side
- Experience managing large advertising budgets, especially for lead generation companies
- Solid understanding of online metrics, including traffic sources, unique visitors, user paths, funnels and click-through vs. view-through conversions
- Basic knowledge of marketing attribution tools preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental & vision benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Wellness perk
- Work/Life balance
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.