Director of Social Media
Director of Social Media
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin three years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Director of Social Media to create conversations around our brand, grow awareness, and drive organic traffic to our website. As a key member of our Brand team, you’ll be responsible for building key community and influencer relationships, driving the strategic social vision for The Zebra, managing social conversations to be on-brand and on-message, and producing highly engaging social content. In this hands-on role, you will collaborate with cross-functional partners and leaders to define project objectives and deliver compelling content that will grow The Zebra brand and our overall business goals.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with internal leaders to develop strategies for the creation and distribution of innovative social programming on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other relevant platforms that grow The Zebra’s brand awareness, community engagement, and organic traffic
- Identify and build key media, brand, celebrity, and social influencer relationships to promote cross-brand engagement
- Provide insights and point-of-view on social media and digital trends that can impact our strategy
- Develop performance metrics to gauge effectiveness of social media campaigns and identify growth opportunities for engagement and referral traffic
- Define a social media budget to meet brand, marketing, and corporate objectives
- Develop standards and best practices for social programming to ensure all content is on-brand and on-message
- Manage all social media projects with responsibility to meet deadlines and budget
- Monitor, track, and analyze the performance of social programming with recommendations for improvements
- Define a social media calendar that supports engagement and organic traffic objectives
- Work with Content, Design, and other teams to develop channel appropriate programming content and assets
- Communicate with cross-functional partners to ensure their interests are represented and their goals are amplified through social programming
- Seek out and develop relationships with media, aligned brands, celebrities, and influencers to promote cross-brand engagement
- Serve as the internal voice of social media to ensure that social strategy is front-of-mind for content development throughout the company
- Identify and implement software and management tools to amplify the effectiveness of our social media organization
- Build and nurture agency relationships to deliver high value content and maximize ROI
- Work with cross functional teams to create, edit, and deliver content for campaigns
- Lead social efforts at on-site activations and corporate events to capture and publish content
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 7+ years of relevant social media experience including managing social programming for a large brand
- A strong personal presence on social media channels with a track record of meaningful engagement
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
- Creative thinker with lots of personality and sense of humor
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, audience demographics, and engagement value of each platform
- Experience creating brand-aligned content with distinct personality for multiple platforms
- Familiarity with social analytics, scheduling, and management tools
- Impeccable writing skills with the ability to create and edit engaging copy
- Experience developing analytics driven social media campaigns
- Previous management experience
- Network of existing media and influencer relationships
Bonus Skills and Achievements:
- Digital B2C content development
- Experience building and managing an online brand community
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative, and engaged people
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work hard / Play hard culture
About The Zebra:The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.”
The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**