Design Operations Coordinator
The Zebra is expanding our design team and we’re seeking a Design Ops coordinator to ensure that we are operating at the highest level possible. This person will plan, define, and manage the design process, and ensure that what we produce meets our high quality standards. Our ideal candidate would have experience in both design and project management. They would be a master facilitator and able to navigate the business in order to achieve our goals as a design team.
In this role, you will manage:
- Workflow: how the design work flows within the company
- Tools: what we need to get the job done
- Governance: who needs to see the work, and when
- Prioritization: what order should design tasks be completed
- Scheduling: who should be in the room and what should be discussed
- Delivery: what is needed to get a design built
- Infrastructure: what the team needs to work more efficiently
- Budget: how much running the team costs, and why
- Headcount: how many people are needed, with which skills
- Pipeline: projects coming up and how well staffed the team is
- Retention: how to make people want to stay
- Education: what skills are missing and how to learn them
- Evangelization: help the org understand the value of design
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- Possesses a passion for design process and organization
- BFA/MFA Design or related field, 3+ years experience in design and/or project management
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to drive the solution
- Experience with Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Excellent sense of color, product, and brand continuity
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Highly diplomatic and empathetic towards both designers and stakeholders
Experience That Would Impress The Heck Out of Us:
- Experience coordinating teams of designers
- Experience with design sprints
- Exceptional design talent and craftsmanship
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Cross-platform design experienceExperience as an advocate for human-centered design
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**