Senior Financial Analyst
Finance & Admin
The Zebra is looking for a detail-oriented and strategically minded Senior Financial Analyst to join the team! As the Senior Financial Analyst you will assist with financial planning and budgeting processes, analyze financial statements and reports, develop financial models, prepare projections, manage commercial insurance programs and perform research and analysis as may be required by leadership.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Reporting and analysis of global revenue and associated financial/non-financial drivers – deliver insights and predictability into financial projections
- Maintain company scorecard of key metrics; understand and explain variances to management
- Build and maintain sustainable financial models to forecast new product initiatives – create and adapt scalable, flexible yet comprehensive tools to ensure accurate and detailed analysis is provided to our key partners
- Develop efficiencies in existing reporting/data requirements focused on automation and shifting towards more self-service solutions and data visualization
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience as a financial analyst preferably in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Advanced system skills including Excel (macros, pivot tables, complex formulas) and QuickBooksOnline
- Experience utilizing CRM tools
- A self-starter with the ability and intellectual curiosity to take projects from conception to implementation to a world-class solution
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities, whilst having a keen focus on details and a passion for quality
- Collaborate effectively across an organization with excellent communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal) and be comfortable engaging with executives across multiple functions
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- MBA or Advanced degree
- Financial analyst experience in B2C
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contributionUnlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy itPaid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**