Search Engine Marketing Manager
Austin, TX /
The Zebra is looking for a Search Engine Marketing Manager to help us aggressively grow our industry leading auto insurance comparison marketplace. The SEM/PPC Manager will drive customer acquisition and strong margins via Google, Bing and Yahoo in a highly competitive space. This includes mining data to drive campaign optimization and expansion as well as ongoing copy, landing page testing to improve performance and Beta testing. Fluency in marketing and search management technologies is critical as we look to leverage the right tools for success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Optimize campaigns to drive high volume at a positive ROI and expand into new markets
- Lead reporting for the SEM programs and assist with keyword mining, state-level and source optimization, A/B testing, Structural testing, and Alpha & Beta testing
- Identify new opportunities to drive revenue & profitability
- Design and monitor in-market tests and report results in an actionable manner for channel leads
- Provide regular performance updates and make recommendations while sharing/building best practices, and alerting to new trends and emerging opportunities
- Cross functional team collaboration to optimize website and drive relevant traffic (SEM & SEO collaboration)
- Stay current on SEM strategies, best practices, competitive landscape and keyword ecosystem
- Research competitive landscape and identify new sources of traffic
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Analytical, highly motivated and detail-oriented—and you thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills.
- 5+ years of direct experience analyzing or managing search engine and/or affiliate marketing with a proven track record, preferably in a lead gen business
- Solid understanding of marketing technology and comfortable using paid search management tools (Adwords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Ad Manager, SEM tool providers like Quantic Mind, Marin Software, Kenshoo, SearchAds 360 and Tracking platforms like Google Analytics)
- Experience with digital testing design, execution, and giving actionable recommendations post-test
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience being involved in CRO projects, A/B testing and testing platforms, preferably Optimizely
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: Pivot tables, charts, and advanced functions
- Genuine passion for online marketing & paid search in particular
- Experience with attribution tools like Google Analytics preferred
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Ability to optimize toward ROI goals while maintaining scale
- Manipulation and analysis of large data sets to glean learnings
- Build and develop best practices for a Brand based on A/B Testing
- Conversion Rate Optimization Experience
- Bidding strategy testing & Automation
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy - often over experience
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**