Licensed Insurance Sales Agent
Austin software company The Zebra—recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal— is looking for talented sales professionals to join our bustling Downtown call center and tight-knit team. You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers shopping for insurance on the nation’s leading insurance search engine. Your role will be to turn insurance shoppers into long-term customers and brand champions of The Zebra.
What You'll Do:
- Answer inbound phone calls for the company—most of these calls will be consumers calling who need help with our online products
- Work schedule will fit between 11 AM - 8 PM Monday - Friday and may include Saturdays
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 6+ months experience in auto insurance sales required
- Texas Property and Casualty (P&C) license with the ability to get additional state licenses is required.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Proven sales success
- Driven, competitive and motivated by commission
Requirements That Would Impress the Heck out of Us:
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy
- Prefer a smaller company with the opportunity to earn an ownership stake
- Believe everyone is entitled to the same level of respect, regardless of their position or title
- Passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers & one another
- Work hard because you love what you do, but maintain work / life balance
- Competitive hourly rate
- Monthly incentive program
- Paid health, dental, & vision benefits
- Wellness perk or Monthly home maid service
- Work / life balance culture
- Monthly and quarterly team outings
- You will be considered for stock options following your ninety (90) day review. This will allow you the opportunity to participate in the exciting opportunities ahead in building a young & fast growing company.
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**