The Zebra is expanding our product team and we’re seeking a well-rounded designer that can deliver slick UI and seamless digital experiences for consumers. Our ideal candidate dreams in pixels, believes in a healthy amount of padding, and completely geeks-out at the sight of a beautiful product.
What You'll Do:
- In this role, you’ll work closely with our product design team in the production of wireframes, mockups, prototypes, concept sketches, interaction designs, and user flows. You’ll also be responsible for working with our Research Team to translate user research and work with frontend developers to build out your designs.
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- Possesses a passion for building beautiful, world class mobile & web applications
- BFA/MFA Design, 3+ years of professional design experience (or awesome portfolio)
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Sketch, Invision, or other prototyping tools
- Excellent sense of color, product, and brand continuity
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to ask the right questions throughout the process
Experience That Would Impress The Heck Out of Us:
- Exceptional design talent and craftsmanship (specifically around product UI/UX)
- Drawing skills and an ability to visualize a range of design solutions quickly
- Experience with motion graphics or UI animation (Principle, After Effects)
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Cross-platform design experience
- You’re a champion of human-centered design
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Experience with design sprints
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**