Finance & Admin
The Zebra is looking for a Senior Accountant to jump in and help support the financial operations and monthly reporting at a fast paced and growing company.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure proper and timely entering and recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with GAAP and Company policies
- Participate in the month-end close processes by performing activities that include but are not limited to preparing, reviewing and posting journal entries
- Review accounts payable for accuracy, proper approval and account coding.
- Management of accounts receivable including creation of invoices and respond to AR inquiries
- Perform month end reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Develop and enforce proper accounting processes and procedures for practice within the department and company
- Oversee and administer payroll processing
- Coordinate and respond to requests from external auditors
- Assist with federal and local tax reporting
- Manage fixed asset ledger, including additions, depreciation and disposals
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- CPA candidate, with public accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and general ledgers
- Experience with QuickBooks and other financial software packages
- Good judgment and strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Must have the flexibility and resourcefulness to succeed in a fast-growing environment with frequently changing priorities
Requirements That Would Impress the Pants Off Us:
- Move with a sense of urgency
- Obsess about the details
- Have a positive attitude, strong communication and collaboration skills
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative, and engaged people
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work hard / Play hard culture
About the Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.