People Program Manager
Austin, TX /
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is looking for a Program Manager to help us craft, iterate and scale our People programs (and associated processes). We are looking for someone who will support the design, implementation and management of the strategic programs designed for The Zebra collective. In collaboration with the People Team (Operations, Experience, Talent) and other business partners, our Program Manager will be the brain + train that helps shape, optimize and deliver programs that perpetuate the positive employee experience we’re constantly striving for.
Our People Program Manager will report directly to our Head of People.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Put your experienced lens to work and act as a consultant first, evaluating the existing programs/structure & making recommendations
- Manage new and existing programs, successfully driving projects and goals across the People team and/or organization
- Establish short and long-term program deliverables, track their progress, and ensure timely completion (where completion exists)
- Partner with key stakeholders on programs and projects impacting diversity representation and inclusion culture to help drive progress towards key I&D and culture goals
- Own program communications, accelerating progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers, escalating as appropriate
- Influence design and development of processes and/or strategy around People programs, policies and/or planning
- Track and analyze key metrics to understand the program impact and help determine where to focus optimization efforts
- Work with cross-functional partners to improve operations and drive projects/deliverables to completion
- Ensure transparency regarding project statuses, issues, and decisions with key stakeholders through accurate and timely reporting
- Contribute to the People team’s collective goal of leading with empathy, kindness, equity and grit
REQUIREMENTS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Program Management role or with Program Management core responsibilities
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Action aren’t buzz words in your world - they are key elements of the lens you view your professional world through
- Servant leadership mentality; experience on a People or HR team a major plus
- Experience leading complex initiatives, collaborating with cross-functional partners, and influencing stakeholders
- Experience improving and optimizing processes and implementing metrics to monitor results and drive improvement
- Strong stakeholder management ability
- Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively across competing demands and stakeholders
- Start-up experience / experience with ‘start-up growing pains’ a major plus
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUTTA US
- Program Management on a HR or People Team
- Design Thinking and/or Product Management lifecycle knowledge a major plusplus
BENEFITS + PERKS:
Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
HSA offering + employer contribution
Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
Paid Parental Leave Program
Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
Wellness perk ($100/month)
Learning & Development Stipends
Onsite Full Service Barista
Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**