Product Manager, Consumer Experience
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a big-thinking, user-focused, and purpose-driven company that changing the way consumers engage with insurance. You are passionate about solving real user problems and have a proven track record of making data-driven decisions (both qualitative and quantitative). Your attention to detail and thoroughness will complement the strong Consumer Experience team in building useful, intuitive, and imaginative products.
What You'll Do:
- Use consensus building to establish a shared product vision and strategy with the commercial team to support company objectives
- Translate product vision and strategy into prioritized features, accounting for highest impact and fastest time-to-market
- Understand and monitor KPIs to support data-driven decisions behind product and feature development
- Work closely with business owners, engineering, UI/UX, and QA teams to ensure an efficient, collaborative, and high-quality product development process
- Create, launch, and evaluate A/B tests to optimize our funnel and results page
- Conduct both quantitative and qualitative research to gather data to support and prioritize effective, innovative product enhancements
- Provide thorough and actionable specs, user stories, and requirements, thinking through edge cases and cross-team dependencies to help the engineering team deliver high-quality features
- Quickly remove roadblocks for the engineering team, addressing all questions and needs for on-time delivery
- Acceptance test engineering solutions to ensure they meet requirements, solve intended business problems, and fit within the product vision
- Advocate for the user and the importance for educating them on insurance while maintaining a focus on monetization
- Foster a transparent and collaborative working environment, communicating critical information to stakeholders clearly and effectively
- Develop a deep understanding of the insurance industry including internal and external forces that will continually shape our business
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 2+ years experience in a consumer-facing product management or equivalent role
- The ability to fuse art and science into a product, balancing a strong creative intuition with analytical abilities to fuel product development
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills to drive cross-department alignment to the overall strategy
- Organized and can self-manage by creating processes and implementing measures of success
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative analysis, A/B testing, wireframing, and prototyping
- Detail-oriented, self-sufficient, and able to find creative solutions and build something from scratch
- Startup experience
- A background in insurance or financial services industries
- Experience working for a web-based consumer marketplace
- Technical experience with software development/publishing code
- Creative design skills
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**