Performance Marketing Coordinator
The Zebra is looking for a Performance Marketing Coordinator to aggressively grow our industry leading auto & home insurance comparison marketplace. The Performance Marketing Coordinator will partner with the SEM, Paid Social, Native, and Affiliate channel managers to drive customer acquisition and strong margins via Google, Bing and Yahoo and our vertical-specific click exchange partners in a highly competitive space. This includes mining data to drive campaign optimization and expansion as well as ongoing copy and landing page testing to improve performance. Fluency in digital marketing, paid search, and affiliate management technologies is required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partner will channel leads to drive customer acquisition through partners including Google, Bing, Yahoo, EverQuote, Quinstreet, and Delty
- Optimize campaigns to drive high volume at a positive ROI
- Manage SEM and Click Exchange programs with or without external agencies. Daily management includes keyword mining, state-level and traffic source optimization, creative testing, and more
- Design and monitor in-market tests and report results in an actionable manner for channel leads
- Work with the Paid Media Analyst to provide performance updates and to make data-driven marketing optimizations
- Collaborate with Product and Commercialization teams to drive high quality and right-priced traffic
- Stay current on SEM strategies, best practices, competitive landscape and keyword ecosystem
- Build campaigns from the ground up by state, product, device type, and other demographic profiles
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 2 years of direct experience analyzing or managing search engine and/or affiliate marketing
- Experience with digital testing design, execution, and giving actionable recommendations post-test
- Experience being involved in CRO (conversion rate optimization) projects, A/B testing and testing platforms (Optimizely, Instapage, etc.)
- Analytical, highly motivated and detail-oriented—and you thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of marketing technology and comfortable using paid search management tools (Adwords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Ad Manager, SEM tool providers like Quantic Mind, Marin Software, DS3 or Kenshoo, Tracking platforms like Google Analytics)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: Pivot tables, charts, and advanced functions
- Genuine passion for online marketing & paid search in particular
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience with attribution tools
- Affiliate marketing experience in the financial sector
- AdWords Certification
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contributionUnlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**