Associate Product Manager, Infrastructure
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for an Associate Product Manager, Infrastructure to work with stakeholders and engineers translating business goals into creative technical solutions. Your expertise will enable the infrastructure team to build high-quality features for strategic initiatives, accelerating velocity, scalability, reliability, and security of our systems.
What You'll Do:
- Help with the product roadmap to support company objectives, aligning stakeholders along the way
- Effectively use data and analytics to support data-driven decisions behind product and feature prioritization
- Work closely with stakeholders, engineering, and QA teams to enable an efficient, collaborative, and high-quality product development process
- Anticipate potential issues, necessary points of integration, and needs beyond the basic product requirements (E.g., proactively advocate for larger technical solutions vs. one-off solutions when appropriate)
- Lead coordination and communication of infrastructure dependencies across engineering teams
- Provide support of infrastructure priorities and continuous organization of backlog Create structure to support prioritization across stakeholders
- Provide thorough, actionable specs, defining user stories and requirements and thinking through edge cases to help the engineering team deliver high quality features
- Remove roadblocks for the engineering team quickly, addressing all questions and needs for on-time delivery
- Acceptance test features to ensure they meet business needs and fit within the product vision
- Stay up to date on industry trends (e.g. containers)
- Develop a deep understanding of the insurance industry, including internal and external forces that will continually shape our business
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 1+ years experience in product management or equivalent role
- Technical understanding of all aspects of software development and systems, recognizing the business value of fixing technical debt and creating good automated testing
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills to drive cross-department alignment
- Highly organized and can self-manage by creating processes and implementing measures of success
- Detail-oriented and self-sufficient, ability to find creative solutions and build something from scratch
- Startup experience
- A background in insurance or financial services industries
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**