Insurance Service Manager
As the Service Manager, you’ll recruit, train and lead a team of licensed service agents in support of the Agency’s goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support the licensed service agent recruiting process
- Lead the onboarding of new service agents
- Lead a team of licensed service agents
- Lead The Zebra’s policy retention activities
- Handle service escalations
- Hold regular one-on-one and team meetings
- Support the sale of profitable policies by leading quality monitoring programs, support sales training and policy retention activities
- Support agent incentives and performance management
- Support carrier relations
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven customer service management experience with a preferred agency or carrier
- Experience in building service teams and processes
- Demonstrated ability to coach and lead peers
- Shown the ability to be successful in a sales or service environment and deliver a positive customer experience
- Has the ability to develop, implement and communicate strategic vision
- Is competent with agency management systems, spreadsheets and reporting tools
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Has a minimum of 2 years of service team leadership
- Has a minimum of 3 year as a P&C licensed sales agent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**