The Zebra is looking for a Search Engine Marketing/PPC Specialist to help us aggressively grow our industry leading auto insurance comparison marketplace. The SEM/PPC Specialist will partner with the SEM and click exchange leads to drive customer acquisition and strong margins via Google, Bing and Yahoo and our vertical-specific click exchange partners in a highly competitive space. This includes mining data to drive campaign optimization and expansion as well as ongoing copy and landing page testing to improve performance. Fluency in marketing and search and affiliate management technologies is critical as we look to leverage the right tools for success.
What You'll Do
- Partner will channel leads to drive customer acquisition through partners including Google, Bing, Yahoo, EverQuote, Quinstreet, and Delty
- Optimize campaigns to drive high volume at a positive ROI
- Lead reporting for the SEM and Click Exchange programs and assist with keyword mining, state-level and source optimization, and creative testing
- Identify new opportunities to drive revenue & profitability
- Design and monitor in-market tests and report results in an actionable manner for channel leads
- Provide regular performance updates and make recommendations while sharing best practices, and alerting to new trends and emerging opportunities
- Cross functional team collaboration to optimize website and drive relevant traffic
- Stay current on SEM strategies, best practices, competitive landscape and keyword ecosystem
- Research competitive landscape and identify new sources of traffic
Our Match Made in Heaven
- Analytical, highly motivated and detail-oriented—and you thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills.
- 2+ years of direct experience analyzing or managing search engine and/or affiliate marketing with a proven track record, preferably in a lead gen business
- Solid understanding of marketing technology and comfortable using paid search management tools (Adwords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Ad Manager, SEM tool providers like Quantic Mind, Marin Software or Kenshoo, Tracking platforms like Google Analytics)
- Experience with digital testing design, execution, and giving actionable recommendations post-test
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience being involved in CRO projects, A/B testing and testing platforms, preferably Instapage
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: Pivot tables, charts, and advanced functions
- Genuine passion for online marketing & paid search in particular
- Experience with attribution tools like Impact Radius, VisualIQ, or Google 360 preferred
Requirements That Would Impress the Pants Off Us
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy - often over experience
- Believe everyone is entitled to the same level of respect, regardless of their position or title
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but play hard too ;)
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, monthly home maid service, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers and the rare tribal atmosphere that also values individuality
- Want you to love what you're doing here and will ensure you get every opportunity to learn and grow via managers that are engaged and a team that just rocks
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work hard / Play hard culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.