Head of Analytics
Finance & Admin
The Zebra is looking for an objective data-driven leader to build and manage our growing analytics function; including the establishment and oversight of data strategy. You’ll work cross-functionally to assess the needs of the business, identify relevant KPIs and provide timely and accurate reporting and actionable insights to stakeholders across the company. You will also ensure that the business in its various departments understands its own health, finds growth levers, and identifies opportunities for optimization. You’ll own the career development of the analytics team and you’ll work with product management to influence and prioritize data initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with leadership team to establish and cultivate a data-driven culture at The Zebra
- Own and oversee our data strategy; including serving as the key liaison for business operations in priority discussions on data projects (what do we track and measure, how it’s used, etc.)
- Set the strategic direction of business metric reporting at The Zebra
- Work cross-functionally to establish processes and accountability to improve our data platform and data quality
- Instill an objective curious mindset of all analysts to drive actionable insights for business growth; build, train and mentor analytics team as necessary
- Be the ultimate decision maker in terms of who owns what analysis
- Develop, implement and disseminate appropriate metrics about quality, performance and outcomes while ensuring tracking and reporting methodologies are sound
- Responsible for data definitions and data governance around company business reporting
- Drive the day-to-day analytical approaches and explore solutions to particular problems; manage and long-term prioritization of the business’s overall analytical needs and opportunities
- Work with data analysts in establishing department goals and strategies, defining the data collection needs of the business and purpose of future work and also for guaranteeing high data-quality and reliability across the business
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years cumulative experience in analytical roles; including managing a team (ideally, building an analytics team)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field like statistics, finance/economics, applied math or engineering
- SQL and Looker experience
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- MBA Degree
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRAThe Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**