Austin, TX /
Corp Admin /
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is looking to expand our Recruiting team. We are seeking a Sourcer to own and manage the beginning stages of the recruiting process, helping us identify and connect with hard-to-find talent. Though qualifications are always the priority, our Sourcer will be a key link as our leader in strengthening our pipeline of qualified candidates with a laser focus on diversifying our candidate pipeline.
Reporting to the Recruiting Manager, our Sourcer is critical in strengthening our diversity recruiting efforts and knows that diverse teams increase creativity, foster innovation, and help us make better decisions.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Source talent for multiple roles, creating sourcing strategies and engagement to connect the best talent to each role
- Source, network, and proactively connect with groups and organizations that serve underrepresented groups and minorities
- Coordinate with recruiting manager to determine position requirements
- Collaborate closely with technical recruiters and hiring managers to develop a search strategy, construct target lists, identify top tier prospective candidates for hard to fill roles across The Zebra
- Train and mentor future team members on sourcing best practices
- Develop talent pipelines for future hiring needs
- Attend recruitment events and invite relevant hiring managers
- Promote our employer brand online and offline
- Measure conversion rates, including numbers of passive candidates who turn into applicants, get invited to interviews, get offers and get hired
- Ask for referrals from current employees and external networks
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1+ year preferred experience working in a high volume full-cycle recruiting and/or sales and/or account management
- Familiarity with online and offline sourcing (e.g., through professional networks or job fairs)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a strong passion to contribute to the team's success
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action aren’t buzz words in your world - they are key elements of the lens you view your professional world through
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Hands-on experience shaping a diversity sourcing/recruiting program
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**