Marketing Data Analyst
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. Our Marketing Analytics team is growing and we are seeking a Marketing Data Analyst to join us! You will own insights and optimizations for high profile initiatives throughout the organization. A true analyst, you can work across the marketing team to produce score cards, dashboards, recommendations and reports that communicate impact and drive decisions and optimizations.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the Marketing Analytics Manager to help build and shape a reporting and insights function on new marketing initiatives such as brand, performance, social media and PR
- Perform analysis on marketing channels to help uncover insights and trends to guide channel managers in their optimizations
- Guide growing data engineering and data science teams to pull the most actionable marketing data efficiently and effectively
- Build reports, dashboards and visualizations that communicate impact, business insights and recommendations to leadership team
- Help manage data and analytics vendor needs and prioritize work based on impact
- Work with marketing channel managers to pull in the right data for reporting requests
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 2+ years of marketing analytics experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker and Tableau
- Experience with Marketing analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Reporting & Dashboard creation (Brand, Pacing, Ad Hoc, etc.)
- Data Reporting Support (data validation, anomaly detection, etc.)
Experience That Would Impress The Heck Out of Us:
- B2C experience
- Insurance or Finance Industry experience
- Startup Experience
- Data automation for reporting (Cost Data, own Funnel.io Integrations)
- Experience with Google Tag Manager
- Experience with Testing/Personalization platforms such as Adobe Target or Optimizely
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**