Senior Copywriter - Marketing Design
Austin, TX /
The Zebra is expanding our design team and seeking a versatile and experienced marketing copywriter to help us craft and evolve a brand that's a trusted insurance advisor. This role offers a unique opportunity to help shape our writing culture and pave how our brand voice works within our creative and strategic marketing campaigns. We're looking for someone who challenges their writing to be straightforward and authentic and uses a human voice to help potential customers understand the value we offer.
As a Sr. Marketing Copywriter, you'll be a strategic creative partner that will lead design efforts and work closely with other cross-functional partners to create and execute multiple marketing-channel deliverables. As you collaborate and develop ideas, you'll have opportunities to examine them with intuitive research data and validate them through performance marketing metrics and usability testing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Brand, product, and seasonal campaigns
- Broadcast commercials and product demonstration videos
- Paid display and social media ads (organic and sponsored)
- Marketing landing pages and presentation decks
- Email and Lifecycle campaigns
- Internal promotions and company events
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA in Journalism, English, Communications, or related discipline
- 3+ years of campaign planning, writing, and editing for broadcast, web, and mobile channels
- Resilient, motivated, and passionate about Brand Strategy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to effectively communicate the content experience to senior leadership and stakeholders
- Possesses a passion for campaign development, design process, and organization
- Passionate about mentoring colleagues and ensuring quality through peer reviews, proofreading, and editing.
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Deep experience writing for TV, radio, and various broadcast mediums
- Has expressed a point-of-view through writing or speaking on topics related to UX or content strategy
- Experience working on a global product and writing for localization
- Experience with writing for insurance or financial products
- Experience with Direct Mail content
- Experience writing for B2B audiences
- B2C startup experience
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**