Austin, TX /
The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal -- is expanding our Quality Engineering team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for breaking things!
The Quality Engineering Department is looking for a self-driven Quality Engineer to help support The Zebra’s expanding needs. Software Quality industry experience is required for this role along with experience with automation. Day to day could range from exploratory testing to automating UI or API acceptance tests.
Our team is passionate about working together to solve interesting problems with technical solutions--and having fun doing it. With a team split between Austin and Africa, we know from experience the importance of diversity within Engineering teams, and we work constantly to ensure everyone has a voice and feels valued. Collaboration is key to our success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Embedded with a product development team creating and maintaining test plans
- Manage defects and advocate for quality
- Plan, create, and execute automation of selenium and/or API tests
- Execute acceptance and exploratory testing
- Participate in group testing activities if needed
- Attend and participate in agile ceremonies
- Identify testing gaps and implement tests for coverage
- Perform investigative testing to assess the impact and root cause for issues
- Become an expert in our products and how they function
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years of quality engineering experience with complex mobile or web applications and software systems
- Past experience in API and/or UI automation using selenium
- Self-starter / demonstrated ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement
- Real passion for testing and quality assurance
- Attention to detail
- Sense of ownership and pride in the quality of work
- Great communication and collaboration skills
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Prior experience with Gitlab
- CI/CD experience
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
- Ability to influence good quality practices
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**