Austin, TX /
Corp Admin /
The Zebra is looking for a detail-oriented Financial Analyst to join the team! As the Financial Analyst you will assist with financial planning and budgeting processes specifically around cost items, develop financial models, and assist in managing headcount projections across the business.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build and maintain monthly/quarterly cost reporting capabilities by department to be shared with management
- Review costs during close process to ensure proper alignment to forecast
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition to maintain headcount data and projections; understand and explain variances to management
- Work closely with business partners to build detailed quarterly cost forecasts by department
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience as a financial analyst preferably in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Advanced system skills including Excel (macros, pivot tables, complex formulas) and Sage Intaact
- Experience utilizing CRM tools
- A self-starter with the ability and intellectual curiosity to take projects from conception to implementation to a world-class solution
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities, whilst having a keen focus on details and a passion for quality
- Collaborate effectively across an organization with excellent communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal) and be comfortable engaging with management across multiple functions
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- MBA or Advanced degree
- Financial analyst experience in B2C
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**