Associate Product Manager - Data Analytics
Austin, TX /
Analytics / Data /
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for an Associate Product Manager to have a big impact and lots of ownership on our Data team. You’ll work with stakeholders and engineers to translate business goals into creative data solutions. Your expertise will enable the data platform team to support strategic initiatives, accelerate analytics and data science, and empower the business to better understand users, products, and financials.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
This position is not currently eligible for visa sponsorship
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support the data roadmap on a set of projects from the collection of requirements to the execution of a deliverable
- Defining success criteria for your product, including SLAs and warranties around reliability and up-time
- Develop an expert level understanding of our data to drive scalable solutions that will result in business enablement
- Work closely with stakeholders, analytics, engineering, and QA teams to enable an efficient, collaborative, and high-quality product development process
- Provide thorough, actionable specs, define user stories and requirements and think through edge cases to help the engineering team deliver high-quality features
- Remove roadblocks for the engineering team quickly, addressing all questions and needs for on-time delivery
- Acceptance test features to ensure they meet business requirements and fit within the product vision
- Become an expert in how our products and components interact with each other
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-2 years of experience in product management or equivalent role
- 2 years professional experience working with business-focused stakeholders and planning the work of software developers on data & analytics related projects for B2C digital companies
- Proficiency in creating, defining, and implementing projects for a data platform
- Knowledge and understanding of data management, data governance, and data quality
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills to drive cross-department alignment to the project
- Organized and self-managed, creating processes and implementing measures of success
- Detail-oriented and self-sufficient, able to find creative solutions and build something from scratch
- Motivated to become an expert in their product area in order to best serve business needs and create effective solutions
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Startup experience
- A background in insurance or financial services industries
- Experience working with a data team for a web-based fintech or insuretech marketplace
- Snowflake, DBT, Looker, SQL
- Knowledgeable about all things data – exploration, modeling, analysis, ecosystems, infrastructure, optimization, and data science
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**