Associate Product Manager
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for an Associate Product Manager to drive urgent business critical solutions. In this unique position, you’ll be exposed to both the consumer experience and marketing teams, constantly putting your organizational and prioritization skills to a test. You will manage incoming and ongoing user-interface, server optimization, and support work. This is a high exposure, fast-paced role where your ability to react quickly, remain calm and collected, and communicate effectively will be pivotal in driving quick wins that ensure the business as a whole runs smoothly. Due to the breadth and depth of this position, it’s a perfect growth opportunity into any area of the business.
What You'll Do:
- Help with the product roadmap to support company objectives, aligning stakeholders along the way
- Effectively use data and analytics to support data-driven decisions behind product and feature prioritization
- Work closely with business owners, engineering, UI/UX and QA teams to enable an efficient, collaborative, and high-quality product development process
- Create structure to support prioritization of product needs across stakeholders
- Gather requirements from stakeholders to effectively troubleshoot ad-hoc issues
- Provide thorough, actionable specs, defining user stories and requirements and thinking through edge cases to help the engineering team deliver high quality features
- Remove roadblocks for the engineering team quickly, addressing all questions and needs for on-time delivery
- Acceptance test features to ensure they meet business needs and fit within the product vision
- Develop a deep understanding of the insurance industry, including internal and external forces that will continually shape our business
Our Match Made In Heaven:
- 1+ years experience in consumer-facing product management or equivalent role
- Technical understanding of all aspects of software development, recognizing the business value of fixing technical debt and creating good automated testing
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills to drive cross-department alignment
- Highly organized and can self-manage by creating processes and implementing measures of success
- Direct experience in both qualitative and quantitative analysis, A/B testing, wireframing, and prototyping
- Detail-oriented and self-sufficient, ability to find creative solutions and build something from scratch
- Startup experience
- A background in insurance or financial services industries
- Experience working for a web-based consumer marketplace
- Creative design skills
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative, and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or Monthly home maid service
- Work / life balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**