Lead QA Automation Engineer
The Zebra -- recently named one of America's Best Workplaces by Inc. -- is expanding our QA team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for breaking things!
We are seeking an intelligent, self-motivated and eager Lead QA Automation Engineer to help us deliver high-quality products quickly and efficiently. From spec, to concept and then full-scale production, you’ll play a vital role in helping to execute against our product roadmap and disrupt the auto insurance industry.
Our team is passionate about working together to solve interesting problems with technical solutions -- and having fun while doing it. With a team split between Austin and Africa, we know from experience the importance of diversity within Engineering teams, and we work constantly to ensure everyone has a voice and feels valued. Collaboration is key to our success.
What You'll Do
- Evaluate existing automation framework, assess redesign and add changes where required
- Create and maintain automation processes and defect status reports
- Provide input, mentorship and guidance to developers and QA
- Help hire and train Automation QA team Plan, create, and execute automation tests across all products
- Perform investigative testing to assess impact and root cause for issues
- Find, reproduce, and document software issues
- Generate and maintain test data and necessary test environments
- Become an expert in our products and how they function
Our Match Made in Heaven
- Experience in building automation frameworks from scratch
- 5+ years of QA test automation experience with complex mobile or web applications and software systems
- Proven expertise in Python – and the ability to write code from scratch
- Experience with Katalon, Taurus and CI systems (Jenkins, Codeship, etc)Self-starter / demonstrated ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement
- Experience with API testing tools such as Postman and automation of APIs
- Experience with load testing tools and suites such as JMeter, BlazeMeter
- Experience performing and directing cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Real passion for testing and quality assurance
- Strong attention to detailStrong sense of ownership and pride in the quality of work
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Experience That Would Impress the Heck Out of Us
- Experience with Postgres
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
- Data testing and validation
Benefits + Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or Monthly home maid service
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**