Senior DevOps Engineer
The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal -- is expanding our engineering team. We're looking for someone with sharp technical chops, lots of experience, and great mentorship skills to build upon and grow our existing engineering efforts.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will support our Platform team in helping us enhance and scale our infrastructure, build, release and production systems and processes. You will also play a vital role in taking projects from spec to concept and building them with high-quality, creative, simple and elegant solutions. You should be ready to take ownership and be thrilled about having broad responsibilities within a fast-growing company in a massive industry.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain and scale The Zebra's infrastructure, build, release and production systems
- Work closely with other engineers to improve release processes for stability, repeatability and security
- Work with the engineering team to maintain uptime and quickly diagnose and remedy production issues
- Develop, maintain, and enhance the core APIs and data models used across The Zebra's products
Our Match Made In Heaven:
- 7+ years of experience crafting and implementing high-performance RESTful microservices
- 5+ years building, and supporting web infrastructure and understand how to keep it running, secure and maintainable
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, PHP, Java, C++, C#, Go
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL data stores, such as Postgres, and MongoDB
- Excellent troubleshooting skills across application, database and cloud infrastructure
- Strong experience with cloud services (AWS)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Strong CLI and API scripting (Bash, Python) and automation skills (Ansible experience welcome)
- Self-motivated, and looking to work in an energetic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
Experience that would Impress the Pants off Us:
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with managing complex Jenkins build environments
- Experience with the ELK stack
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk (for legal things that make you feel good!)
- Work hard / Play hard culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.