The Zebra is expanding our design team and seeking a Visual Designer to help create and guide our brand and marketing design efforts. This person will facilitate complex problem solving, while collaborating with other designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver beautiful, world-class experiences. They will work closely and mentor others within the design team.
What You'll Do:
- In this role, you’ll help lead design efforts and work closely with other designers and cross-functional partners in the creation and execution of websites, illustrations, brand & marketing materials, videos, commercials, ads, presentations, social media assets, etc. Maintaining The Zebra’s branding across multiple platforms and touchpoints will be a key factor in the work you’re owning. You’ll have opportunities to test and validate your work with users through performance marketing and usability testing.
- You'll also need to work closely with our Design Ops Coordinator to help maintain your production pipeline and give feedback on projects and priorities—together, you’ll be responsible for maintaining appropriate communication with all the relevant stakeholders.
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 6+ years of design experience or a degree in a design-related field
- Led design efforts on multiple shipped features and/or products
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and work on multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality or standards
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with After Effects, Sketch, Invision, or other prototyping tools
- A strong portfolio that communicates collaboration, creativity, and innovative approaches to problem solving
- A team-first attitude and desire to collaborate with other designers
- Technical curiosity—template building, motion graphics and product design
- You’re a champion of human-centered design
- Experience mentoring other designers
- Experience in print or motion design
- Experience with design sprints
- Has expressed a point-of-view through writing or speaking on topics related to visual design
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**