Marketing Manager, Strategy
The Zebra - recently names one of Austin's Best Places to work by the Austin Business Journal and one of America's Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine! - is expanding our Marketing Strategy team and we are looking for a Marketing Manager to own campaign strategy and planning. Someone who is passionate about the consumer marketing experience and enjoys working with cross-functional teams to deliver best-in-class multi-channel campaigns that deliver results.
You will have a unique opportunity to fully own the planning strategy for high profile initiatives such as GTM planning for new products and Brand Campaigns. By working with marketing channel managers, analysts, content, product & commercialization you’ll be tasked with translating broad business objectives into tangible activation strategies.
You’re a brand manager who can wear many hats, working across the organization to think like a strategist, marketer, creative, analyst or project manager as needed. An ability to think and communicate big picture while prioritizing the right work to achieve results is key. You are a leader who is comfortable working with all levels of an organization but also know how to be scrappy and hands-on at times to ensure things are moving along. You love to plan end-to-end marketing experiences that are on-brand, targeted, personalized and measured based on objectives. You enjoy integrating with various stakeholders and contributors across the company to manage the tasks and milestones needed to achieve results.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage all aspects of a campaign strategy, working with cross-functional teams from research, analytics, product, content, communications, creative & media
- Prepare detailed campaign plans, data briefs, projections, and creative strategies - helping to effectively communicate them throughout the company with confidence, clarity, and alignment toward business objectives
- Proactively coordinate marketing campaigns across all elements of the marketing mix and involve appropriate stakeholders and teammates
- Work with the research & analytics teams to define target audiences, marketing opportunity, segments & prioritize highest impact opportunities for campaign ideas
- Build consumer journey maps to outline the intended experience for marketing campaigns, quantifying your assumptions with data
- Surface opportunities for personalization & decisioning science for consumer experiences from campaigns through to the landing page and product experiences
- Work with the analytics, media & product teams to define high value test plans, hypothesis’ and measurement strategies
- Present campaign strategies & findings to both large and small groups including C-Suite
- Work with the product team to ensure the experience is aligned and connected at each stage in the campaign journey
- Be a Marketing Team advocate and work alongside your colleagues to share wins and learnings as well as the process of planning and executing
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years of Marketing Planning, Strategy and/or Campaign management
- Experience working with multiple marketing channels and teams including: Creative, Display/Programmatic, Social, Search, Product (Landing page experiences), OOH, Content, Communications (Email)
- Experience in Product Marketing, building GTM strategies, creative/messaging alignment and market opportunity analysis
- Experience in marketing or consumer analytics to develop measurement plans across interactions such as Paid Media, Email, Multi-channel messaging, PR/Content and Re-targeting
- Experience building clear, concise campaign strategies/plans in PPT or Google SlidesStrong project management ability and an instinct to plan ahead and execute on milestones, tasks and objectives
- Experience building consumer journey maps and working with analytics & research to quantify audience segments and personas
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker and Tableau
- Experience working with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Strong creative thinker that understands how to look through the eyes of the end-consumer, tailoring original campaign strategies to reach and convert them
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Insurance or Finance Industry Experience
- Startup Experience
- UX experience (testing, personalization, landing pages)
- Marketing copy/creative experience
- Experience with Optimizely, Adobe Target, Google Experiments or other testing tools
- Experience working with 3rd party audience data like: Nielsen, Acxiom, Neustar
- Experience with activation tools such as: Testing/Personalization platforms (Adobe Target, Optimizely), Social Code, AIP, DMPs, Facebook Audiences
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $150/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, and Inc. Magazine named The Zebra as Best Workplace for 2019!
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**