The Zebra is on the hunt for a Chief Financial Officer / Chief Operating Officer with strong analytical, strategic planning and communication acumen, including an ability to be the CEO’s trusted partner, in parallel with our board members and other Senior Leadership. The role of our CFO/COO goes well beyond managing the company’s finances and operations; they will clear a path for growth, form new relationships, drive measurable value, and establish core financial processes and reporting requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Advise and act as a strategic partner and active participant in shaping strategy of the company
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Critique of strategic choices including cost-benefit analysis of strategic choices
- Support in securing new funding
Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Define KPIs and tracking
- Implement and own goal/objective tracking and reporting process
- Own analytics across entire company
Own forecasting, budget setting and reporting processes
- Responsible for performance measurement and analysis including interpreting data and metrics
- High-level financial planning and modeling
- Perform impact analysis and scenario modeling
Lead Corporate Governance and Management
- Ownership of banking relationships and optimization of cash flow
- Oversight of company spending/expense management
- Responsible for investor relations
- Oversight of audit/business risk management including management of legal counsel
- Management for non-marketing/tech vendors and contract management
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 15 years of senior financial and/or operational experience in consumer/product driven business, including a broad mix of start-up to larger, matrix organizations
- BS or BA, preferably in Business Management, Finance or related field; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Collaborative nature as demonstrated by management experience across multiple departments and disciplines
- Proven strategic thinker and problem solver when it comes to competitive strategy, business models and resource allocation
- A "player-coach" who can both manage teams and get into the weeds when necessary
- Understand and deal with complex accounting issues, including those unique to a retail business and an online presence
- Strong analytical skills and a data driven mindset
- Track record of building and developing strong teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of urgency: nothing in the universe will get in the way of delivering your goals
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017, and 2018. Inc. Magazine recently awarded The Zebra as Best Workplace for 2019!
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team, add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**