Senior Director of Accounts
The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal -- is expanding our commercialization team. We're looking for someone with proven experience managing an enterprise-sales team, passionate about driving revenue growth with an appreciation for a positive user experience.
As The Zebra's Senior Director of Accounts, you'll be responsible for passionately leading the accounts team, ensuring all of our clients needs are met, and that our portfolio of client revenue grows. You'll define and set success metrics for each account manager that will give them the direction they need to contribute to the company's overall KPIs. You have the ability to think quickly on your feet and have the creative capability to address challenging situations head on. You have a motivating and energizing personality, and work well with others across departments.
What You'll Do:
- Build, lead, and mentor The Zebra’s account management team
- Define success metrics for each account manager that ultimately contributes to overall company KPIs
- Effectively manage pivots in product strategy in order to hit company targets
- Help to drive revenue growth and improved KPIs for commercialization team by effectively managing portfolio of accounts across all products
- Work with account management team to develop structured proposals for increased investment in The Zebra's products
- Help account managers to size impact of increased/decreased investment from each of our partners; come up with creative strategies to address with each account.
- Establish strong, meaningful relationships with key carrier partners and industry influencers
- Build your monthly strategy around company revenue, and revenue KPIs, emphasizing time spent on accounts and products that will lead to the highest yield and largest growth opportunity for The Zebra
- Develop a deep understanding of the insurance industry including internal and external forces that will continually shape our business
- Be the spokesperson cross-departmentally for highly important requests and escalations for our accounts
- Set and achieve quarterly goals for each account, ensuring The Zebra continues to hit client performance targets, while continuing to scale investment
- Have a deep understanding of our each of our products influences commercialization performance, knowing what actions with each account will lead to the highest impact
- Analyze areas of opportunity with Revenue Business Analyst to help guide account growth and expansion strategy with each account manager
- Measure performance of marketing channels down funnel with Revenue Business Analyst across all products and present areas for increased/decreased investment with the marketing team based on that aggregate down funnel performance
- Think ahead of the curve for our carrier partners - what can The Zebra do from a marketing, product, technical perspective to support each relationship? Present these opportunities to management as they arise.
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 4+ years relevant experience, insurance industry experience a plus
- Direct experience and passion for managing and leading a team of account managers
- Ability to manage complex and multifaceted relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Can effectively liaise between account management team and senior leadership of the commercialization team
- Prefer startups to the corporate world and want a busy environment where you can add real value and contribute your ideas
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills to motivate team members and drive cross-department alignment to the overall strategy
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance search engine in the US. Since 2012, the company has led the charge to bring transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.