Insurance Operations Analyst
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for an Insurance Agency Analyst to drive smarter decisions for The Zebra’s Agency planning and operations. Supporting the VP of Insurance Operations and reporting directly to The Zebra’s Head of Analytics, you will have clear visibility into company direction and strategy. In this pivotal position, you’ll connect data silos while building out robust dashboards, reports, and processes to predict and communicate impact that drives decision making for stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own Agency analytics data - from understanding where the data comes from, how it’s organized/transformed, interpreting the data, and making it available to end users through reporting and visualization tools.
- Continually monitor the accuracy of our agency data sources and key metrics.
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards and visualizations that track key metrics on performance and operations, while communicating impact, business insights and recommendations to the agency.
- Support Analytics and Agency Leadership by catching material changes in our KPIs, digging into the cause, and providing thorough reports on what is driving those changes.
- Create new KPIs and add metrics for Agency reporting tools to empower the team to be self-sufficient in daily/weekly data reporting.
- Take a proactive and self-starter approach to digging into the data to find opportunities for the Agency team to act on.
- Provide support to the team on forecasting impact of certain levers pulled. Using specific scenarios to understand how one or multiple changes can impact the business.
- Collaborate with other analysts, the data team, the finance team and data scientists to establish best practices and investigate cross-departmental opportunities.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years professional of analytics experience and client-facing reports
- Intermediate to advanced experience with SQL and relational databases
- Strong experience with developing reporting and visualization through platforms, e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Adobe or Google Analytics
- Reporting & Dashboard creation for Forecasting, Pacing, Performance and Agency Operations
- Great attention to detail
- Data Reporting Support (data validation, anomaly detection, etc.)
- A passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture, and handle risk and uncertainty
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience with cloud-based databases (ie Snowflake)
- Experience or interest with statistics (regression, t-tests, chi-square, etc.)
- Programming experience in R
- Insurance, E-Commerce, or Finance Industry experience
- Experience with call center operations
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**