Product Manager (Content)
Austin, TX or New York, NY
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead content marketing production.
You will work alongside a talented content and communications team to own the product roadmap and vision for a cohesive content strategy. You’ll prioritize the creation of content that engages brand promoters, repeat visitors, and communicates a distinct brand voice.
Your product management expertise fused with a content and/or editorial background will complement the already high-performing content and communications team.
What You'll Do:
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Design, SEO, Distribution & PR to help set a content product vision that is aligned towards shared goals and priorities
- Translate the product vision and strategy into prioritized features accounting for highest impact and fastest time-to-market
- Stay on the pulse of all things content marketing and strive for innovative solutions to increase engagement on content heavy sites
- In collaboration with the content team manage editorial calendars, content journey maps, categorization/taxonomies, and metadata frameworks
- Integrate user research, consumer targeting and segment analysis to adjust content and curate consumer journeys that increase engagement, brand advocates, and revenue
- Manage the content production workflow including: template development, design, technical implementation, content creation, distribution, QA and impact analysis
- Strive to understand the consumer and their journey before, during and after visiting our site to create an experience that is sticky, memorable, and impactful
- Effectively use customer insights, data and analytics to inform content strategy and measure impact, user experience and brand sentiment of content developed
- Provide thorough actionable specs, defining user stories, requirements and edge cases to guide the engineering team in delivering high quality features
- Remove roadblocks for the engineering team quickly, addressing all questions and needs for on-time delivery
- Acceptance test features to ensure they are up to spec, solve the business problems they were intended to and fit within the product vision
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 2-3 years of experience as a product manager
- You have worked on large scale efforts to re-organize content, develop a taxonomy and categorize information for a consumer facing product
- Technical, creative and/or production experience with CMS systems like (not all!): Drupal, Wordpress, Wagtail, AEM
- You have used data to quantify the impact of your product work and build a case for future prioritization
- Experience with analytics/BI tools like: Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst, Tableau or Looker
Nice to Haves:
- Startup experience (particularly with a content-focused brand or website)
- You have worked on teams responsible for content, copy and layout design
- You have an understanding of SEO and/or have worked on sites that were primarily driven by organic traffic
- Experience with Personalization and automated recommendation tools and/or logic
- You’ve worked with marketing teams to promote and amplify content on social media, using influencer marketing, organic & paid strategies
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**