Contact Experience Agent
As a Contact Experience Agent, you’ll be responsible for answering incoming calls from The Zebra’s customers and help them find the best possible solution to their inquiry while delivering a world-class experience.
This is a developmental position with the potential to be promoted to a Licensed Sales Agent position. Candidates for this position should expect to transition into a Inbound Sales role.
What You'll Do:
- Be the first point of contact for customers calling while visiting The Zebra’s website
- Answer questions that allow them to continue their journey on The Zebra’s website
- Transfer to the best possible person to achieve their request
- Make outbound calls to existing customers to cross-sell products, collect payments or follow-up on needed policy requirements
- Track customer requests and make recommendations to enhance the customer experience
- Support our Sales and Services departments
- Miscellaneous offline duties as required
What Will Impress Us:
- 1+ years of phone experience in a sales or service environment preferred
- 1+ years of sales or customer service experience
- Outstanding phone skills
- A passion for a great customer experience
- An interest in learning about insurance
- The ability to obtain a P&C license by passing a licensing exam and meeting the Texas Department of Insurance background requirements
- A willingness to work with others within the organization to optimize user experience
- he ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- A strong desire to understand and support The Zebra.com’s user experience
- Working knowledge of Excel/Google sheets
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**