The Zebra is seeking a Project Manager to provide planning, management, oversight and communication for cross-departmental projects. You will work alongside engineering, product & stakeholders to develop and manage project plans and timelines. This role reports into a Senior Project Manager.
Our team is passionate about working together to solve interesting problems with technical solutions--and having fun doing it. With a team split between Austin and Africa, we know from experience the importance of diversity within Engineering teams, and we work constantly to ensure everyone has a voice and feels valued. Collaboration is key to our success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Facilitate cross-functional projects that are wide-spread and long term.
- Communicating milestones, ETAs, blockers, etc. as well as document product and project decisions.
- Control project quality and success by:
- Drive negotiation of competing priorities and/or interruptions between product managers and stakeholders, escalating appropriately, as necessary
- Respond to and escalate critical situations, breaking down the problem, communicating options for resolution and driving the solution forward
- Provide input to help improve cross-team & cross-department processes
- Managing the decision making process
- Assessing risks
- Setting meeting cadence and deadlines for deliverables
- Ensuring timely completion of project deliverables
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years of experience in a project management role
- Proven ability to manage and/or leading software engineering projects
- You have a desire to build strategic relationships with peers, stakeholders and team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Even-keeled while being driven by a sense of urgency.
- Able to navigate conflicting requirements and opinions to drive decision-making.
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Technical experience with software development/publishing code
- Experience working in Agile development environments and using the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence)
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**