The Zebra is expanding our UX Research Team and we’re seeking a seasoned Researcher who has experience developing marketing research strategy and that can deliver tactical and strategic insights about consumers and markets to stakeholders using a variety of methods. Our ideal candidate embraces the idea of “just good enough” research, dreams about how to creatively learn from people and communicate those findings, and believes that both qualitative and quantitative research are important keys to building something great.
What You'll Do:
In this role, you’ll work closely with a Senior UX Researcher and Director of Research, as well as a cross-functional team of marketing channel managers. You’ll be responsible for developing and implementing The Zebra’s marketing research strategy. You understand consumers, have analytical horsepower, great business judgement, and define and prioritize research projects that illustrate and support the impact of advertising and media. You have experience drafting surveys, constructing marketing tests and driving the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative studies. You’ll share your findings with stakeholders and leaders regularly, and strive to create a smarter, more informed and more empathic culture among The Zebra’s marketing, product, and sales teams.
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- Excited about having ownership and autonomy to build a research presence within a team that hasn’t yet had full internal researcher support
- Possesses a passion for knowing the consumer, knowing the marketing magic, and being able to connect the two in unconventional ways
- Experience managing research projects with cross-functional team
- BA minimum or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years industry experience
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and analysis
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Nimble with tools and resources, thinks quickly and has adopted a philosophy of “just good enough” research for fast-moving teams
- Ability to ask the right questions and encourage stakeholders to ask the right questions throughout the research and media development process
Experience That Would Impress Us:
- Exceptional, detailed research skills, especially with mixed methods approaches
- Data analysis experience, including SQL or other tools, such as R or Matlab
- Experience developing research culture in a small company
- Experience conducting research in insurance or financial services
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**