Business Development Manager
Austin, TX /
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Business Development and Partnerships Manager to help us grow and expand our business. This cross-functional role will be responsible for sourcing, pitching, negotiating, and securing new partnerships with insurance carriers and other 3rd parties that will drive incremental revenue. As the face of The Zebra, you will be an integral part of building our brand presence in the industry as a whole.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
This position is not currently eligible for visa sponsorship
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Establish and maintain a robust pipeline of new partnership opportunities based on business needs and target areas of expansion
- Screen and prioritize business deals by analyzing business impact, and structure deals effectively to ensure they drive value to The Zebra
- Negotiate contract terms and compensation that serve client needs and are incrementally valuable to The Zebra’s business
- Bring business deals to life by coordinating with internal teams to implement new partnerships efficiently once contracts are closed
- Build industry awareness of current and upcoming product offerings at The Zebra
- Partner with research and design to create and enhance sales materials necessary to secure partnerships
- Research and present industry trends, competitive intelligence, major industry movements, and new lines of business for expansion
- Partner closely with Product to determine the necessary partnerships needed to expand our product relevance
- Build and execute strategies to expand our brand awareness in the industry
- Establish senior level relationships
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of key industry metrics
- Comfort with data analysis to structure proposals and deals effectively
- Experience in contract negotiation and contract management
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strong executive presence and presentation skills
- Passion for business development
- Big picture strategic vision with focused attention to detail
- Ability to travel 25% or more of the time
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Digital marketing/e-commerce experience a plus
- Life insurance industry experience and established carrier relationships a plus
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**