The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin three years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a design-focused, purpose-driven company looking for a junior to mid level designer to collaborate and deliver compelling digital and printed content. Our ideal candidate dreams in pixels, believes in a healthy amount of padding, and completely geeks-out at the sight of a beautiful website.
What You'll Do:
In this role, you’ll work closely with other designers in the creation and execution of websites, marketing materials, branding collateral, presentations, social media assets, etc. This role also requires a fair amount of illustration work and collaboration, so you’ll be responsible for helping provide design insights, point-of-view, and recommendations on projects. You’ll need to own your production pipeline by managing projects and priorities and by maintaining appropriate communication with all stakeholders.
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 2+ years of design experience or a degree in a design-related field
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and work on multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality or standards
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Sketch, Invision, or other prototyping tools
- A strong portfolio that communicates collaboration, creativity, and innovative approaches to problem solving
- A team-first attitude and fun, positive personality
Requirements that Would Impress Us:
- You’re a champion of human-centered design
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Experience in print or motion design
- Experience with design sprints
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**