Content Marketing Manager
The Zebra is looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager to join our stellar team and cement our position as the nation’s leading insurance search engine. In this role, you’ll create a high impact SEO focused content strategy and build and manage a team of writers and strategists to execute it. You’ll be responsible for integrating The Zebra’s original data into our content to help educate consumers and provide transparency into auto insurance pricing.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll manage our SEO content section and run an editorial calendar that adheres to both internal and external deadlines.
- You’ll build a clear process for managing and executing the content strategy, including: leveraging data to inform approach, developing a pipeline of prioritized content, formalizing a publishing workflow, and creating a budget for freelancers and contractors.
- You’ll develop unique auto insurance content and landing pages that drive organic traffic and revenue.
- You’ll automate content creation through various tools and develop a process to QA our automated content to follow SEO best practices and our editorial style guide.
- You’ll build and manage a team of content creators, consisting of in-house and freelance writers.
- You’ll work closely with our content marketing outreach associates to help get traffic to this content.
- You’ll track and report on traffic, engagement, and conversions on the content you build.
Our Match Made In Heaven:
- Has extensive experience growing a site's organic traffic footprint through content creation
- Has successfully managed a data driven content marketing strategy
- Has extensive SEO, writing, and editorial experience
- Has extensive experience with writing web content
- Has experience managing an editorial calendar
- Has experience with Content Management Systems, such as Drupal and Wordpress
- Has project management experience, particularly with managing freelance writers and designers to help execute content ideas
- Is not afraid of pitching new ideas and is eager to put pen to paper when it comes to executing them
- Has a good mix of creativity and analytical skills alike
- Is familiar with tools like Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, seoClarity, Moz, SEMrush, Ahrefs, etc.
- Is an internet junkie -- you understand what makes content compelling and shareable
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work hard / Play hard culture
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.