Associate Marketing Analyst
The Zebra is looking for an Associate Marketing Analyst to help us intelligently and aggressively grow our industry leading auto insurance comparison marketplace. The Associate Marketing Analyst will be an expert in traffic and revenue metrics and provide actionable insights for driving campaign performance and KPI’s. The Associate Marketing Analyst will also collaborate with key internal stakeholders to analyze the impact of product features/enhancements and business trends on traffic, revenue growth, and profitability. This is an opportunity to add to the existing marketing analytics team in a meaningful, significant way.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a strong understanding of traffic drivers and revenue streams.
- Apply this knowledge to accurately forecast revenue and provide trend and variance analyses on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Understand and deliver clear verbal and written explanations of performance metrics
- Monitor performance KPIs and recognize changes in trends for immediate action
- Monitor impact of new product features/enhancements released on site, and have previous experience in A/B Testing
- Prepare regular Marketing reports, ensuring accuracy and seeking ways to increase ROI across all marketing channels. Use the company's lead management system and web analytics to extract relevant marketing data. Prepare ad hoc reports and analyses to assist in understanding and managing the business more effectively. Analyze impact of marketing initiatives
- Illustrate data graphically and translate complex findings into easily digestible stories
- Present actionable insights, strategic recommendations and business intelligence from analytical output to support business decisions.
- Create and maintain dashboards and drive general reporting activities (Monthly, Weekly, and Daily).
- Work closely with marketing team to proactively identify opportunities and testing strategies to optimize marketing initiatives.
- Help shape department KPIs and develop ongoing executive reporting.
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- Have 2+ years experience in an analytical role
- Are passionate about deriving insights: love diving into data to help answer business questions, identify trends, and create analyses that provide an added value to the organization
- Have experience in online advertising, search marketing, e-commerce or related field
- Have experience analyzing data and creating reports with spreadsheets. Must be proficient in Excel
- Have past experience with industry standard tools for tracking and capturing web data such as Google Analytics
- Have experience with business intelligence & visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, SAS,Are driven, accountable, a self-starter who thrives on challenges and is accustomed to a fast pace
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Are experienced with converting and loading data from a variety of data sources and formats into and out of various formats (understanding data normalization).
- Are knowledgeable about marketing segmentation, statistical modeling, and test design.
- Have the ability to identify patterns between data points as the basis for recommendations. Have excellent data analysis skills to analyze and interpret large amounts of data from disparate sources. Have excellent written and verbal communication skills used to communicate analysis to business partners in a clear, concise, and compelling manner. Possess an in-depth, ever-growing knowledge of technologies, current online trends, and marketing tactics.
- Have the ability to independently identify meaningful signals within data and pursue their explanation without the prompting of stakeholders.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative, and engaged people
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Wellness perk
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal also named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.