Analytics Engineer II
Austin, TX /
Analytics / Data /
The Zebra is expanding our engineering team and we’re seeking an Analytics Engineer to cleanse and model data to empower end users to answer their own questions. In addition to analyzing data, you will transform, test, deploy, and document. You will apply software engineering best practices like version control, test scripts and continuous integration to the analytics code base.
Our team is passionate about working together to solve interesting problems with technical solutions--and having fun doing it. With a team split between Austin and Africa, we know from experience the importance of diversity within Engineering teams, and we work constantly to ensure everyone has a voice and feels valued. Collaboration is key to our success.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Ensure data is modeled properly so that others can develop dashboards and data solutions to support key initiatives within the organization
- Have a significant role in the design and development of our master data models
- Provide input on how to integrate additional data sets from independent sources that we can use to leverage our existing data
- Work closely with other engineers, analysts and stakeholders across the company to identify data needs across the organization
- Document our data models and transformations to provide transparency
- Write tests around our data sets
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of professional (or comparable) analyst experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Data Warehouses such as Snowflake
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker and Tableau
- Technical expertise in designing and creating data models
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- A desire to follow exceptional software engineering processes, and familiarity with common engineering process tools like Github and Gitlab
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- Programming experience in Python
- Github profile or public code portfolio
- Advanced STEM degree
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**